RULES & REGULATIONS 2021
SATURNIA FILM FESTIVAL
The cultural association “Aradia Production”, organizes the SECOND EDITION of SATURNIA FILM FESTIVAL dedicated to the discovery of the best short films from around the world. Projects submitted for consideration for the Saturnia Film Festival may apply in one of three submission categories: Fiction, Animation, Documentary. The most prestigious award is “Premio for Best Directing”. In order to qualify, short films must have a maximum duration of 20 minutes, including credits.
The Saturnia Film Festival is proposed as a reference point between emerging international filmmakers and the public (made up of professionals and film lovers). The attention of the Festival’s Artistic Commission will be oriented towards selecting works that address universal themes in a personal and authentic way.
DATE AND DURATION OF THE EVENT
The Saturnia Film Festival will take place from 30 July to 1 August 2021, for a duration of 3 days, in the Squares of Saturnia, Montemerano and the Terme di Saturnia (Grosseto, ITALY).
INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL
The Festival proposes the best works selected by the Artistic Commission in the three sections:
– Fiction short film
& # x25aa; Animation short film
& # x25aa; Documentary Short
All finalist directors will compete for the festival’s main award: Best Director Award.
1. The selection of the films is made by the Artistic Commission of the Festival.
2. Short films of fiction, animation and documentaries finished after January 1st 2019 can participate in the Competition.
3. The direction of the Festival will nominate a Jury composed of at least five professionals in the sector (including film producers), which will award the following prizes:
• Best Director Award for Best Director. (1,500 euros in cash)
• Best Italian Film Fiction Award
• Best International Film Fiction Award
• Best Animation Film Award
• Best Documentary Film
• Best Actress Award
• Best Actor Award
• Women in Cinema Award
• Audience Award
Registrations for participation in the Saturnia Film Festival must be made by electronic submission via the platform no later than May 30, 2021.
Films with a free theme and according to the genres provided for by the regulation may participate. No Premiere is required for movies.
For the selection, films in non-Italian language must be subtitled in English or Italian for viewing by the Artistic Commission.
Registration for the festival has a cost of 12.00 Euros, valid for secretarial expenses. For more information, consult the official website of the festival www.saturniafilmfestival.it
1. Selected directors will be notified by June 15, 2021.
2. For the works considered finalists, the festival secretariat will take care of collecting promotional material of the films (set photos, director’s biography, credits, trailers, technical info, etc.). The directors of the films undertake to provide all the material required by the Festival Organization.
3. The copy of the films selected for screening and the required materials must be sent via wetransfer file no later than June 30, 2021.
4. The video and promotional material sent to the festival organization will not be returned.
1. The program of the Saturnia Film Festival and the programming times of the selected films are the responsibility of the Festival Organization.
2. Films in non-Italian languages will be screened in their original language with Italian subtitles.
3. The Italian subtitles will be handled by the Festival Organization. The production of the selected films must provide a list of the film’s dialogues, in English by and no later than 30 June 2021, to allow the Organization to be able to work on the translation and insertion of subtitles in the film.
4. The Festival Organization may publish a catalog for promotional purposes of the event, with all the works presented and / or selected.
1. These regulations are drawn up in Italian and English. In the event of interpretation problems, the Italian version prevails. The direction of the Festival may take decisions relating to matters not covered by these regulations. The Court of ROME is competent for any dispute.
SATURNIA FILM FESTIVAL
Via Sassi Bianchi snc Saturnia – Poggio Murella 58014 (GR)