RULES & REGULATIONS 2020
SATURNIA FILM FESTIVAL
The cultural association “Aradia Production”, organizes the SECOND EDITION of SATURNIA FILM FESTIVAL dedicated to the discovery of the best short films from around the world. Projects submitted for consideration for the Saturnia Film Festival may apply in one of three submission categories: Fiction, Animation, Documentary. The most prestigious award is “Premio for Best Directing”. In order to qualify, short films must have a maximum duration of 20 minutes, including credits.
The Saturnia Film Festival seeks to discover, support, and inspire independent film and theatre artists from around the world and to introduce audiences (members of the industry and film lovers) to their new work. The Artistic Commettee of the Saturnia Film Festival will consider projects that tell stories about universal themes driven by an individual and authentic voice.
DATE AND DURATION OF THE FESTIVAL
The Saturnia Film Festival takes place for five days, from 29 July to 2nd August 2020 in the square of Saturnia, Rocchette di Fazio, Manciano, the square of Montemerano, and the Terme di Saturnia (Grosseto, Italy).
INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL OF SHORT FILMS
The Festival presents the best works, selected by the Artistic Commettee, in the three following submission categories:
All directors selected will compete against one another for the most prestigious award: “Premio for Best Directing”.
1. The Artistic Commettee of The Saturnia Film Festival reserves the sole and exclusive right to determine eligibility of any film.
2. Short films submitting to The Festival (in the categories of Fiction, Animation, Documentary) must have been completed after January 1, 2018.
3. The Direction of The Saturnia Film Festival will choose a Jury of at least 5 members of the industry (including film producers), that will award the following prizes:
• Premio for Best Directing (1.500€ prize)
• Premio Miglior Film Fiction for Best Fiction Short Film
• Premio Miglior Film Animazione for Best Animation Short Film
• Premio Miglior Film Documentario for Best Documentary Short Film
• Premio del pubblico (Audience Award)
SUBMISSION RULES AND REGULATIONS
In order to be considered by The Saturnia Film Festival, the applicant must send his or her work via by this platform no later than May 30, 2020.
Submissions to The Festival are open to short films of any genre applying in one of submission categories of The Festival. The Saturnia Film Festival does not require any premiere status.
If the original language of dialogue or text featured in the film is not Italian, the preview and screening copy must be subtitled in Italian or English.
The submission fee to enter the films to The Saturnia Film Festival is 12€, for the viewing and administration of the submission process. More information available at the official Saturnia Film Festival website: www.saturniafilmfestival.it
1. Successful entrants will be notified of their inclusion in The Festival by June 15, 2020.
2. For the projects considered finalists the film owner will be asked to supply promotional material of the film (scene pictures, director’s bio, credits, trailer, info etc.). The film owner will provide all the requested material by The Saturnia Film Festival organization.
3. A copy of the short film and all the material requested must be sent via wetransfer no later than June 30, 2020.
4. All the material (video and/or promotional material) sent to The Saturnia Film Festival will not be returned.
1. The final selection of all films presented at The Festival and their placement in the programme is the responsibility of The Festival organization.
2. If the short film original language is not Italian, it will be shown with Italian subtitles.
3. Italian subtitles will be provided by The Festival organization. Producers of the selected films must provide English script not later than June 30, 2020, to enable The Festival to translate and insert on-screen Italian subtitles.
4. The Festival can publish, for promotional purposes, an online and/or printed catalogue with all the presented and/or selected works.
1. These Rules&Regulations are written in Italian and have been translated into English. In the event of disagreement concerning the interpretation of the regulations, the Italian version will take precedence. The Direction of The Saturnia Film Festival can rule over any matters not covered by these regulations. For any legal dispute, the only competent forum is the Court of Rome.
SATURNIA FILM FESTIVAL
Via Sassi Bianchi snc Saturnia – Poggio Murella 58014 (GR)